DBpedia Movie Recommender
DBpedia Movie Recommender (DBMR) is a simple browser-based application for exploring the set of 80K movies from DBpedia using a similarity measure computed at query time and a network visualisation interface.
The playground is available at: http://klarman.me/proving-ground/dbmr.
The dataset (1.3M triples) contains information about around 80K movies with the following properties:
- http://dbpedia.org/property/starring (100881 values)
- http://purl.org/dc/terms/subject (21295 values)
- http://dbpedia.org/property/country (1193 values)
- http://dbpedia.org/property/director (30389 values)
- http://dbpedia.org/property/language (1426 values)
Similarity measureLet X1, X2 be two objects and P a property with N(P) denoting the cardinality of the entire range of P in the dataset. Then the similarity score between X1 and X2 over P is given as:
- Szymon Klarman. DIY: DBpedia Movie Recommender – an exercise in linked open data engineering. Blog post, 2016. [post]